BOSTON – October 6, 2014 – Ledgex Systems, a provider of portfolio management solutions for fund of funds and multi-fund managers, today announced the availability of new due diligence process management and multi-currency management functionality in its flagship platform. The Ledgex platform now allows firms to more effectively manage the complete manager due diligence process by standardizing and uniformly recording the quantitative and qualitative due diligence information gathered on a manager. The addition of multi-currency support allows firms to now manage portfolios and re-value in any currency.
The Ledgex platform combines portfolio management and accounting, manager research, liquidity management and investor reporting into a single platform. The newest manager due diligence process management and manager due diligence ranking functionality enables multi-managers to:
- Standardize and quantify firm-wide judgments on prospective and invested managers using Ledgex’s customizable due diligence scoring system;
- Collect, aggregate and report on quantitative and qualitative due diligence data in a consistent format to methodically guide evaluation and selection;
- Conduct peer analysis of key review factors among peer managers;
- Easily define and oversee due diligence follow-up procedures and processes for research analysts and monitoring managers; and
- Track due diligence call notes and track task management.
Gorelick Brothers Capital, a privately held capital management firm focused on alternative investing and an existing Ledgex Systems customer, is an early adopter of the Ledgex Due Diligence platform. Gorelick Brothers is one of the leaders in the alternative investment community for their due diligence processes and has had experience developing best-in-class due diligence systems. Looking for options to improve their due diligence systems, Gorelick turned to Ledgex.
Todd Gorelick, co-founder of Gorelick Brothers Capital, said, “Our due diligence system was very good but approaching its end of life. The interoperable and flexible nature of the Ledgex Due Diligence system allows us to support our detailed due diligence processes while improving efficiency and effectiveness throughout the entire process.”
“Hedge fund risk management is imperative in today’s market climate and multi-fund managers require professional due diligence management systems to effectively execute these processes,” said Brian Macallister, managing director at Ledgex Systems. “The introduction of Ledgex new manager due diligence functionality and multi-currency support highlights our commitment to innovation and delivering the must-have features clients need to make sound investment decisions.”
Manager due diligence and multi-currency support further enhance the existing Ledgex platform, which includes:
- Ledgex Portfolio Manager, a comprehensive portfolio management system that allows managers to easily manage complex portfolio structures and look through these portfolios for exposure, performance and manager concentration.
- Ledgex Liquidity, an advanced liquidity modeling utility and reporting engine that, given certain conditions, generates all available options for accessing assets by processing each tranche and their respective trade characteristics with a manager’s liquidity terms.
- Ledgex Research, a customizable module that combines CRM, document management and research management capabilities within a single system that removes silos and puts manager research in context with the entire portfolio management strategy.
- Ledgex Investor Relations, a highly configurable tool designed specifically for managing communications, capital movements, meetings and client interactions in a centralized system that brings organization to the investor relationship management (IRM) process.