Full Stack Senior Software Engineer
About Our Company
Ledgex is a Waltham-based FinTech company focused on developing software to help multi-asset investors (endowments, foundations, family offices, outsourced chief investment officers, and pensions) better manage their assets and their time. Built by investors to solve the key challenges facing capital allocators, the firm’s core product is a portfolio analytics and reporting engine through which investors can track and monitor all their assets and underlying holdings in near real-time.
Ledgex is preparing to make significant enhancements to its current technology as it seeks to develop a platform in line with the firm’s vision to become the go-to software technology for multi-asset investors. We are looking for outstanding performers who thrive on creative freedom and user-focused development.
What you’ll be doing
Ledgex is seeking a highly motivated and experienced software engineer to help spearhead a new greenfield FinTech product. We’re looking for someone with a ton of intellectual horsepower and a lot of experience across the stack that wants to work in a small, fast-moving FinTech startup from an early stage.
As a senior full stack engineer, you’ll be a critical part of our engineering team and will be expected to help guide the engineering process, mentor future engineers, and shape the engineering culture.
You’ll be working with modern technologies such as ASP.NET Core and ReactJS/TypeScript. You’ll also be expected to help drive the best practices from day one (Agile/TDD), help craft a reliable continuous delivery system (we currently use Teamcity + Octopus) and be very resourceful.
Our overall goal is to produce software that our users truly enjoy and find value, so we’re looking for individuals that care about the customer’s experience.
If you’ve built complex, scalable/distributed cloud-based systems or have worked on hard financial data/analytics problems in the past, join us!
- B.S., M.S. in Computer Science or related technical field
- 8+ years of professional development experience, experience as a lead a plus
- Strong proficiency with SaaS/Cloud-based architectures in Azure, AWS or GCE
- Exceptional ability to transform complex product requirements into well architected solutions
- A strong passion for clean/clear code, best practices (Agile/TDD) and automation (build pipelines)
- Passion for building high-performing software with a customer-first mentality
- Proven ability to collaborate with and mentor other engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus Points For
- Transactional/Financial data experience
- Experience with Python (Pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn, TensorFlow) and/or dealing with complex data requirements
- Familiarity with OWASP and general security best practices
- Experience building well-designed APIs
- Fast-moving startup experience
How to Apply
Click below to apply today! Please note the position you’re applying for. We would also like candidates to send cover letters & resumes and extra attention will be given to applicants that share their GitHub/hobby projects or StackOverflow profiles.
Please note that we are not sponsoring.