About Our Company
Ledgex is a Waltham-based FinTech company focused on developing software to help multi-asset investors (endowments, foundations, family offices, outsourced chief investment officers, and pensions) better manage their assets and their time. Built by investors to solve the key challenges facing capital allocators, the firm’s core product is a portfolio analytics and reporting engine through which investors can track and monitor all their assets and underlying holdings in near real-time.
Ledgex is preparing to make significant enhancements to its current technology as it seeks to develop a platform in line with the firm’s vision to become the go-to software technology for multi-asset investors. We are looking for outstanding performers who thrive on creative freedom and user-focused development.
What you’ll be doing
As the lead UX/UI Designer you will be an integral part of our agile and growing team creating the user experience for our next generation multi-asset portfolio management system. As the initial member of our design team you will be tasked with defining and developing our corporate design methodologies. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed in a fast-paced, open, and collaborative environment. As a key member of the product team you will work directly with the VP of Product Management and Director of Engineering and use you design expertise to drive the product’s user experience.
Our overall goal is to produce software that our users truly enjoy and find value, so we’re looking for individuals that care about the customer’s experience.
- Design simple to use and elegant user experiences
- Work collaboratively within an agile team of managers, developers, existing customers and outside industry experts
- Champion the design process through design workshops and collaboration with internal and external subject matter experts
- Work directly with developers to build rapid prototypes and test concepts
- Be accountable for the quality and success of our client user experience
- Educate internal employees on design thinking methodologies
- Proactively communicate issues and risks to team and be able to escalate during standups
- 4+ years of experience as a UX Designer of web/mobile software
- Experience working collaboratively in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Experience in agile/scrum software development
- Experience in FinTech interface design (preferred)
- Superior design and aesthetic capability and intuition
- High performer with strong desire for innovation and excellence
- Strong knowledge of design best practices
- A strong thought leader not shy about advocating for the user experience
- Expertise creating wire frames, mockups, story boards, user flows, design guides
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to collaborate and synthesize input from many different types of product owners
- A portfolio or samples of your work demonstrating your experience creating great user-centered design solutions
How to Apply
Click below to apply today! Please note the position you’re applying for. We would also like candidates to send cover letters & resumes and extra attention will be given to applicants that share their GitHub/hobby projects or StackOverflow profiles.
Please note that we are not sponsoring at this time.