ABOUT THE POSITION
The Duties of the Senior Software Engineer are as follows: Function as main architect behind primary data importation and exportation systems; provide technical direction to development team; Design Office Plugin features for contact synchronization system which syncs contacts from our company’s system, Ledgex, to Outlook and vice versa; assist with code review, unit/functional tests and play a key role with new developer mentoring; assist Director of SW Engineering in translation of business requirements to technical requirements that align with the Ledgex platform; key member of cloud-based backend services team which requires services to maintain Ledgex’s contractually obligated uptime for all SaaS clients. Develop new features and enhancements that align with Business Requirements.
- Integrate automated unit/regression testing in critical areas of the system.
- Perform updates to back-end services that support import/export of client data.
- Develop modern User Interfaces that uphold the Ledgex look and feel yet aligns well with industry best practices.
- Work independently and with a team depending on project requirements and scope.
- Communicate with Product Owners to ensure new enhancements, features and fixes are done according to requirements and general expectations.
- Work closely with Database, PSG and QA teams during design and development of technical tasks.
- Keep up to date with latest industry trends and recommendations in regard to performance, security and functionality.
- Improve application performance throughout utilizing concepts such as caching and using optimal SQL queries.
- Collaborate effectively with team in regard to system design, defect discovery and resolution.
- Participate in morning standup meetings and occasional whiteboard sessions.
- Develop and support internal tooling to facilitate in-house development needs.